wHAT ABOUT A ALBINO OSCAR AND CCHICLIDS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bIGTIMER

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
55 Gallon tank, 1 Albino Tiger Oscar and 5-6 Ciclids? 2 Convicts, 2 orange and 1 blue and 1 yello. Looking forward to feedback! Ive heard that Oscars who grow with smaller fish will not eat them. My friend had an Oscar who kept a goldfish as a companion. Goldfish almost got bigger than Oscar.

Bad idea.

1. 55g really isn't even big enough for an adult Oscar. Regular 55g tanks are only 13" wide, Oscars easily outgrow 13". I don't recommend Oscars in 55g tanks.

2. Oscar's don't mix with Malawi cichlids, they are totally different lakes and continents.

3. Your Oscar will kill the other fish. They might get along at first, or maybe even for a year. But the day will come where your other fish will die. The oscar will outgrow the other fish and take over a 55g tank EASILY.

4. There's other larger cichlids more suitable for 55g.

5. The 2 cons, 2 "orange", 1 "Blue" & "Yellow" would probably be stocking that 55g fully. The cons will beat up the others.

Thanks for your input. I have a 30 gal with tiger barbs and are currently preping a 55 gal for cichlids. But I love oscars too. I guess when I go bigger I will have a couple oscars to their selves.

Good idea. The others stay small enough for a 55, but Oscar's don't. Two Oscar's require like 125g+

Back
Top Bottom