What are my synos doing to the dragonblood??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howmanyds

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've occasionally seen this before but only at nighttime. The dragonblood bends over sideways while one or two synos scratch him maybe?? Then he zips away until they find him again and go to town. The dragonblood is the boss of the tank and three times the length of the synos. Is this good or bad?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413179956.796862.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413179976.881409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This morning the dragonblood is hanging out in the top corner colored down a bit. No one is chasing him. Is this an indicator of anything?

He looks pretty chewed up. Fungus maybe? What medicine should I use?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413226749.350862.jpg

Do I isolate?

Horrified to see the guy today:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413303251.877360.jpg
Getting into the hospital tank now.

Does Prime work as a stress coat sub?

No it's for water changes: it detoxifies the water and it says it "provides slime coat."

But the question is moot now: my dragonblood is gone.

I don't get it. Three days from completely healthy king of the tank to belly up.

Doesn't seem fair. Don't even know what I should have done differently. :(

I'm sorry about your loss. Try saving the others. Do salt therapy (3 tsp of salt in every 5 gallons.

How long do I keep the salt in there? Do I increase over time?
I already have epsom salt in there all the time - is it okay to add aquarium salt?

I usually use salt therapy for 10 days. Salts are effective and natural way of treating many fish diseases.

Back
Top Bottom