What fish is this?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made it as large as possible because it may help if people dont see well.

12803286814_09d37d2936_b.jpg

1:Lightly splotched blue on the gills (not streaks as appears on an acara)

2:Small Black spot charecteristic of both species but you can compare how simmilar it is to a Known JD.

3: shape and length of forehead is almost identical

4:red tipped dorsal fins identical in shape as well as coloring

5: Do i really need to? Ok blue spotted tail and faint red tips

It's called a blue jean jack Dempsey..

image-3191587882.jpg

That's my big guy. Had since he was a bitty thing

It's called a blue jean jack Dempsey..

View attachment 224973

That's my big guy. Had since he was a bitty thing

Blue gene jack Dempsey are the heterozygous form of the Electric blue trait, which is recessive. So a blue gene has one dominant allele and one recessive allele. It would require 2 blue gene jacks to produce a spawn with any amount of electric blues in it (in this case, about 25% will be EBJDS). The blue gene jacks do not show the trait, so unless you know the lineage of the fish, you usually won't know it's a blue gene as it doesn't show anything physically. Just thought I would clarify that

Blue Acra do not have a spot on the caudal peduncle, Jacks do. The OPs fish has said spot, it's a Jack Dempsey 100% with out a doubt.

Even with a blurry picture it's easy to ID and if you think otherwise go make an eye appointment.

LOL Cant believe this is still going its your every day very normal common JD.

Rivers2k

More then one agreed with me. We're all entitled to our opinion. I didn't try to put any one down unlike u so do me a favour and keep your negative comments to yourself. I quite agree since the highlighted picture posted that the shape the head is wrong. Its people like you that keep people off of forums like this. I have read your comments on other threads and all you try to do is belittle people and put them down. Grow up and comment on the fish in future. To anyone else reading this I did not mean to give false information but my opinion even if incorrect. We are all human after all

Rivers2k

More then one agreed with me. We're all entitled to our opinion. I didn't try to put any one down unlike u so do me a favour and keep your negative comments to yourself. I quite agree since the highlighted picture posted that the shape the head is wrong. Its people like you that keep people off of forums like this. I have read your comments on other threads and all you try to do is belittle people and put them down. Grow up and comment on the fish in future. To anyone else reading this I did not mean to give false information but my opinion even if incorrect. We are all human after all

You really don't know me at all. And you took my comment the wrong way. I don't put people down or belittle anyone I am just saying if your fish looks like the fish pictured you have a JD. what exactly did I say that was negative. You have 5 posts get to know someone before you lecture, and try not to be so sensitive.

Please let me know what other posts I was belittling someone. As most people on here would comment I go out of my way to help people, even people I have differing opinions with would agree to that.

Maybe I was a little sarcastic, I just can't believe the ID of this fish is being debated at all.

Fair comment I'm not here to row and yes belittle maybe not but didn't feel the comment was needed. Yes I am new to this forum however I have been a member of others previously but stopped due to not having my tank for a year after moving.

Fair comment I'm not here to row and yes belittle maybe not but didn't feel the comment was needed. Yes I am new to this forum however I have been a member of others previously but stopped due to not having my tank for a year after moving.

Sorry about that just trying to help thought maybe you had a miss ID fish as well. Maybe I could have phrased differently.

No worries. My acara was years ago in one of my old community setups, he would last very long in the tank with my salvini that I have now.

Looks alot like my jack. Some jacks are black, or dark... Some are lighter. I have bith but he looks alot like my dark one.

I think the biggest tell on Jd is the the red trim that runs the length of the back fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom