Where to find rocks for tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raccioppi83

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have running a 60G mixed cichlid tank. At the moment there is only river rock in there as my hardscape and I would really like to change it out for lace/base rock because I can only stack the river rock so high and make so many caves out of it.

Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on these types of rocks? Everywhere I've looked seems to have ridiculously expensive pricing on the rocks. (Mainly my LFS)

Awesome. Filling a 60G of this rock.. would I need to make 2 orders of it?

Please go to ur local rock quarry...some sell to the public..brick layers purchase stones for fancy chimneys here or landscape wholesaler...they have all types of slate rock and sooo many varies..

I will look there, but that one site posted above seems to be a good deal for 50lbs

Iam from chicago i live in joliet..i have alot of wholesalers near me..i will take pictures of my tanks...and all the different rocks...i use for cover... i like flat slate rock...

Would probably depend on where you live. You can call and ask what they have. Phone call is free. Lol

I would love to see what your tanks look like! I have mainly peacocks and haps.. and 2 mbuna. Yellow lab and mbamba bay

Any type of rock you can imagine..that is mined from the ground...its used in building supplies...fancy structure..chimneys..landscape....pallets everywhere.. they sell it by the ton...i tell them i need a couple buckets full and they are like 5 bucks..or the other owner is like fill ur buckets up and buy my guys lunch...they sell millions of pounds of decorative rock a year..

Here is the slate i use for hiding spots and to make the fish less stressed1480950128387.jpg1480950140498.jpg

Back
Top Bottom