White thing on acei

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone. I got this guy yesterday and added him to tank. Don't have qt set up and looked ok. Any idea what it could be? Can it spread to other fish and I get him out or is it a scrape from running into slate rock edges?

Attachments

• image-2107291266.jpg
    image-2107291266.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2231042946.jpg
    image-2231042946.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 65
Hello everyone. I got this guy yesterday and added him to tank. Don't have qt set up and looked ok. Any idea what it could be? Can it spread to other fish and I get him out or is it a scrape from running into slate rock edges?

From the blurry pics, it looks like white spot, a fungal infection like the ich, get yourself some melafix and pimafix asap and treat as directed. But first try to get us some better focused pics please.

Really can't tell what it is.. Terrible pics jaja.. BUT the pics don't seem to indicate that it is Ich. Ich (when visible) looks like salt spilt on the fish. Could be more likely a fungus or scrape.

Sorry. Not ich for sure.

Attachments

• image-722895853.jpg
    image-722895853.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 59
  • image-2391621702.jpg
    image-2391621702.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 57
All you can really do is try and get yourself a ten gallon quarantine tank. While you do that, keep an eye on the acei for strange behaviors indicating sickness..
•not eating
•spitting out food
•hanging out by the surface or near filter (hof)
•spreading of that mysterious white

If its just a scratch or wound then you should see healing rather quickly, 3 days or less

Thanks! I did toss in some flakes and he was running around trying to snatch some so so far so good. I know I should do a quarantine tank and I have a 10 in garage but don't have a place to set it up really and my wife isn't too willing to let me!

Thanks! I did toss in some flakes and he was running around trying to snatch some so so far so good. I know I should do a quarantine tank and I have a 10 in garage but don't have a place to set it up really and my wife isn't too willing to let me!

If it turns out to be fungal, melafix is for eye and mouth and pimafix is for body and fin damage and repair. They're about $10 for the medium bottle, it's fairly easy to use.

If it turns out to be fungal, melafix is for eye and mouth and pimafix is for body and fin damage and repair. They're about $10 for the medium bottle, it's fairly easy to use.

Thanks! I've never had to use mess before

Back
Top Bottom