Worried about my dominant male

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big John

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a breeding pair of blue zebra I believe they are usually my male who is the most dominant fish in the tank gives the female a fairly hard time chasing her round and bullying her but I've just noticed he's gone a really dark colour and he's spending his time either in the top corner of the tank or in his cave and the female is now chasing him. Yesterday they were lip locking could he be ill. I've tested the water and everything is as normal

Has anyone any ideas about this it's been almost a week and he still looks no better

I've dealt with a lot of sick fish in my short cichlid keeping time, mine didn't go dark then... When I see my fish darken up is during a wc(stress?) or when protecting what's theirs, or when they're aggro ... she's stressing him?

Thanks haleybeth I'm starting to think that my self it's been a week now and he doesn't show any signs of being unwell and more importantly non of the other fish do either. He is also getting a bit of colour back now, thanks for your input

Back
Top Bottom