Yellow labs ok with synodontis, pakistani loach and spanner barb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eschowalter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!
I've inherited a 45 gallon hex tank, which came with 2 5" spanner barbs. I already had two 3.5" Yoyo loaches, and added 4 upside-down cats. I read that the yoyos were peaceful and tender-hearted, but after incorrectly blaming the spanners for the deaths of three 4" gourami, I've since discovered that it was probably the loaches who were at fault. Since the spanners and yoyos are semi-agressive, I'm wondering if I could add in some yellow lab cichlids? I don't really enjoy the idea of mixing species from different areas (my other tank is all tetra-based), but I'm trying to find some sort of colorful, semi-aggressive fish who might do well with the loaches. As it is right now, I'm maintaining a tank of barely visible fish, and would love to get some color in there! The spanners are negotiable -- we have a lovely local pet store who will happily take them if need be. The loaches, however, are my son's babies, so I have to work around "Yo-yo" and "Stripey."

The ph is around 7.0. Thanks so much for any suggestions you may have!:thanks:

I'm not sure the labs would be good at that ph but ill let others chime in w more experience. Maybe try some of the central or South America cichlids that don't get huge like blue acara (hard to find in your lfs (at least here) or firemouths, ruby jewels look awesome and can hold their own(technically they're african but not from the lakes) maybe even Nicaraguense would work?

Back
Top Bottom