3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Photos! About the ATO, I've only had it for a few days, but so far I love it. I've had to do a bit of tweaking with the magnet holder for the sensor, since the water level is so close to the rim, but other than than it's been working perfectly.

It was really easy to setup, just plug it in, attach the switch and pump, turn it on, and you're set.

Anyways, here are some photos of the new corals. I actually left out some of the in tank shots of the zoas because most are still closed. The Duncan is my favorite :)

Bleached millepora! So sad :( it was bleached from shipping apparently

Photo bombing anthelia (with closed up galaxea :p)

Devils hand and green finger

Duncan

Before going into the tank, this is everything:

Before new coral:

With new additions, but you can't see anything that's on the peak in this pic unfortunately

Now is the fun part, getting to see them all settle in and open up :)

Gluing is quite a pain in such a small tank, around a whole bunch of other corals (to give you an idea, I had to use 12" tweezers to position each zoa frag.)

I'd just like to remind everyone about the POTM competition! Only two entries so far, it'd be great to see some more, got to keep it alive! Any photo of a SW is eligible :)

Thanks 10g :), POTM stands for photo of the month, it's an AA competition that's been running for quite a while now. Every month, users can submit photos to the month's contest thread, and the previous month's winner will choose a winner of the photos submitted. It's a lot of fun!

You can find the contests forum under community forums>contests, and the current contest is June Saltwater POTM. Any photo is a good one!

Picked up 80% of this tank's SPS today, including some encrusting monti's :)

2 frags orange BN, at $5 each

In that last pic, you can see the superman monti

And my favorite, the rainbow montipora! I still am in amazement at the assortment of colors on one coral - there are clear reds, oranges, greens, blues, and violets.

Geez and everyone says I'm out of room haha! Looks like some nice pieces, love the rainbow monti

It's awesome how ever frag looks like a colony in the pictures in such a small tank.

It's weird, the perspective looking at a tank in pictures and in person is always completely different! And yeah, sometimes I refer to certain frags in this tank as "huge", and then when I look at someone with anything over a 10 all he corals seem gigantic haha.

Geez and everyone says I'm out of room haha! Looks like some nice pieces, love the rainbow monti

There is always room in any tank, by my philosophy :p. The thing is, in a tiny tank, the open spaces stand out more, at least to me. Also, when you have such a limited amount of space, you really try fill every inch in an attempt to make up for the small size. Sometimes I really wish I had a bigger tank for more coral, but I do like the pico look :)

Oh I completely agree with that philosophy :D! Hopefully those birdsnest don't take over your tank lol

Back
Top Bottom