AIO tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob101

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking to purchase a AIO tank and I am looking for recommendations. I am looking in the $600 to $700 range. I have a 70 G cube right now but it has been getting to be to much for me to care for.

Thanks

Are you looking for just a tank or an entire setup? And what size tank are you looking for?

I have been looking at innovative marine, they seem to have a good selection of AIO tanks.

Innovative marine are very good sip tanks. Many people also recommend pico aquariums, but right now their website is down for the 2014 lineup.

I have the Innovative Marine 38 gallon. I LOVE it!!!!
I dont know that you could go a whole lot larger than this size with the AIO setup (and it actually working well), but really, I think they did a great job with the filtration chambers in the back and I am very happy with my tank.

Where did you buy yours, LFS or online. I know there a couple of stores in my area but they are a three hour drive.

How large are you looking. For $700 you would be getting something larger than a nano. Have you looked at the Red Sea Max tanks?

I have looked but the smaller one is close to $900 without the stand at least in the Twin Cities area Mpls/St Paul

I got mine used from a local reefer, but he purchased it from our local LFS about a year ago and recently upgraded to a bigger tank.
My LFS sells them new for about $6-700 for the 38 gallon and stand, or right about $1000 with the skyye tablet light.
I paid $500 for the tank, stand and light setup. If you can find a nice used one, it is definitely a great way to go.....but you can probably get just the new tank for 3-4 hundred online.

As far as the Red Sea Max tanks, a lot of people like them, I am not one of them. I initially bought the RSM 130, and the pumps were insanely noisy, as was the fans that kick on with the lighting in the hood. The skimmer was also noisy, and the reviews on the stock skimmer were sub par. I ended up getting rid of it before ever even putting sand in it. My tank is in our bedroom, so noise level is a major factor in my decision of tank, but I am beyond happy that I decided to go with the IM Nuvo in the end.

They have a new line of AIO tanks, the shallow reef line. Nice look, but not sure how well filtration would work for these larger tanks. The 60 gallon is the smallest, and is a pretty penny at $1500 bucks, but it sure is drool worthy every time I walk in to my LFS and see it "winking" at me, lol.

Red Sea max is coming out with the new Red Sea max c series too.

Back
Top Bottom