Aqueon Evolve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YeTii

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm picking up the 8gal Aqueon Evolve next month this will be my first salt water tank ever. I've done lots of reading and watched lots of videos and asked tons of questions, however with that being said, will I need a skimmer or any other accessories for this tank when I buy it?

You dont need a skimmer. Doing regular water changes in a tank that small will be more than sufficient to keep parameters in check.

Okay so I was talking to the folks at my lfs and they suggested the biocube14 I've found one brand new free shipping under 200 dollars cad. I've read some reviews but i would love to hear what you guys have to say about it

Seems like a good deal! Id go for it.

FrOm what I've read about them theyer 100% ready to use other then it doesn't come with a lightbulb for the refugium( I think that's what it's called?) So Im sure I can find a cheap one to buy that'll work fine. I'm pretty scared to buy all the stuff and spend all the money on this and it completely fail.

I think that's too much money. Depending on where you live I guess if you have to order one. But you could probably find one on craigs list

Back
Top Bottom