Best protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picoreef2.5

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just as the title says, im setting up a new nano and im wondering what everyone is using in their setups, HOB,in tank/fuge, thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Small tanks, under 30 gallons, don't need to run skimmers. They can easily get away with simply doing larger water changes to address nutrient issues. That said, when getting down to that small of size skimmers start becoming less effective.
Refugiums aren't very effective when in the small scale, but can remove some nitrates from the water column.

I was under the impression they also remove detrious and fish poop lol in my current 2.5 under my rocks have some detrious and im beginning to have thread and hair algae and i already do 25% water changes once a week , i just want as much equipment as possible to keep things clean or plan b iv heard a lawnmower blenny would stir things up enough

Ps, heard of people using xenia in their refugiums for nutrient export, im planning on trying that

Back
Top Bottom