Clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marinebeginner

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm just setting up my first marine tank- its 54 litres (12 gallons for those in the states) . For clean up crew I have 1 conch, 1 turbo snail and 1 hermit crab. Does that sound like an appropriate amount ?

Marinebeginner said:
I'm just setting up my first marine tank- its 54 litres (12 gallons for those in the states) . For clean up crew I have 1 conch, 1 turbo snail and 1 hermit crab. Does that sound like an appropriate amount ?

Im not too sure, I don't have any myself but I've heard turbo snails are great cleaners

Marinebeginner said:

You could add more if you'd like.. but if this is a brand new tank, there isn't anything to clean up so they may starve unless you feed them some mysis shrimp or something. I was in the same boat a few weeks back with my CUC. Just gave em a little piece of frozen mysis shrimp and let it sink.

My turbo snail is a champion! My live rock had a fair amount of brown algae stuff on it after a week of being in tank- the turbo has cleaned it all up in just over a week. Now I start to panic that there is still stuff for him/her to eat!!

Marinebeginner said:
My turbo snail is a champion! My live rock had a fair amount of brown algae stuff on it after a week of being in tank- the turbo has cleaned it all up in just over a week. Now I start to panic that there is still stuff for him/her to eat!!

Yeah that's why I stay away from turbo snails.. they clean up too fast! Lol

Having algae on your rocks isn't always a bad thing by the way lol

Have been adding some defrosted brine shrimp so hopefully that'll give them something else to munch on....

Back
Top Bottom