Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just set it up today.
Still playing with the salinity. I added about 20lbs of Bimini pink live sand and some dry rock. I'll add live cultured rock when I get the parameters right. I'm going to add a powerhead of some kind soon as well.

img_2406196_0_9a61406a6e705786d9c30c6bf26fa959.jpg

img_2406196_1_332fbc5101528cde1cc5715bc7364643.jpg

Fluval makes a full spectrum reef led for nano tanks. That would be a decent upgrade, and for the pricr you will pay, its an awesome fixture.

I've got the IM Nuvo 30. People here like the Tao tronics when trying to save money, depends on the corals you want to keep. You may want to match your lfs if you know you're getting corals from them. Good luck!

Well, I went out and bought a new Hagen Fluval Reef light. They are new, but Im not too happy with it. I added my Innovative Marine Protein Skimmer, a Tunze power head and the rest of my live rock. I have a question to those who have one of these tanks, is there a way to shut off the lights without unplugging them??

I really like that tank. I've read about people criticizing the lights on the 16 gallon tank before. I forget the website I saw it on but you can buy the 16 gallon tank without the lights. It's a little cheaper....and as annoying as it will turn out being, if the tank doesn't have a on/off switch for the lights just use a timer.

Yeah I have a time, but number 1: There is one plug for each light (blues and whites) for a total of 4. 2: They use the stupid "block" type of plugs and I can't fit them all on the timer outlet.

Yeah I have a time, but number 1: There is one plug for each light (blues and whites) for a total of 4. 2: They use the stupid "block" type of plugs and I can't fit them all on the timer outlet.

Use two digitalis on a strip and that should do it!

I have a Nuvo 16 set up 8 days ago I have the 24" IM Skkye Dimmable it's 26w 12 actinic 12 14k and 2w moon, with a little bit of bending of the necks on your 2 8w lights you can fit them behind the strip light that will give you 40w, the lit is a little pricey at $ 330. It has 3 transformer plugs. The two 12w have regular cords that plug into the transformer so they won't interfere with your space on the power strip.

Here's a pic

Attachments

• image-4181768540.jpg
    image-4181768540.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 162
Hey Cycle2 tell about the cabinet you are using??

Well, my cycle seems to be stalled. No Ammonia, but Nitrites are at 5 PPM's and Nitrates are about 120-150 PPM's. I add some pellet and flake food daily. The levels have been like this for 4 days now

Looks like your cycle is almost complete, have you considered a 10-25% water change?

Let me see if I have this right, to review you have zero ammonia, you're nitrites are almost zero. AT this point your Nitrates are getting high. I assume you only have rock in the tank, and you are putting in food which is not being consummed so it's becoming detritus. My tank cycled in 8 days, but I used live sand and cured rock also my water was pre-mixed. I had only a small ammonia .25 ppm before it dropped to zero in a day (day6) then I had nitrate reading for 1 day and then nitrates the following day, so I did a 10% change added a few snails and tiny crabs. they were fine a couple days later I added a coral banded shrimp and a small pulsing xenia frag. and it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom