Lighting guidelines for 10G reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fungus

Aquarium Advice Regular
I read that a good lighting scheme would be 9-11hr period of actinic plus 8 hr daylight within that period. I would need two bulbs on independent timers to achieve this. The kit I received as a gift has a single 15W Coralife 50/50 bulb. can I replicate the necessary lighting with this single bulb solution?

Im running a 8 hr period now. My water depth is 10".
showimage.php
[/url][/IMG]
The button polyps and bubble tip anemone seem to be straining upward for more light.

Last edited:
With one bulb, it's either on or off. If you want to have a lighting scheme, you'll have to buy a new hood that can hold multiple bulbs or maybe attach a small led strip for a moonlight effect.

With the single PC bulb you can't do the actinic to whites sunrise/sunset deal, but that's not necessary.

As for the straining, that single bulb isn't strong enough to support the anemone, I'm not even sure it could be supporting the palys and xenia.

If you have the money look into a T5 fixture, at least 2-bulb, more for the anemone

Back
Top Bottom