My frist losses!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
:( :( :( :cry:

Well I knew it was bound to happen, but when it does and there is absolutely no reasoning as to why it makes it even harder!!!

Last night I came home and in my 29gal. I noticed that My yellow clown goby was stuck to the powerhead intake and my Coral Beauty was on the sand with the hermits going to town on him ... :cry: :cry: ! Everything has been good since I've had them, they eat and swim and look happy. My Perc. is still kickin and looking better than ever so I don't understand :?

i tested the water and all my params were in check ... SG 1.025, Temp 79.8, Ammo 0, Trites 0, Trates ~5, Ph 8.2!!!! :?

Very strange indeed, I peeled the goby off the intake and picked up what was left of the Coral B. off the sand (the hermits seemed very mad about that) and did a small water change just incase so I'll have to watch over the next few days to make sure things are ok.

Sorry for your losses.....I feel your pain. Definately keep an eye on your params....and water change, water change, water change.....really helps, especially if you have any corals.

My tank has been through a ton of stuff.....the only original fish I have is my perc....they are very, very, hardy.

Sorry. The fact that you lost two fish at the same time really raised suspicion. Your parameters look good. I would do a couple more PWCs over the next week just to be sure. Any recent additions to the tank?

Nope no recent additions ... that's what puzzles me??? I know that the yellow clown came out of my nano when I found the Isopod attached to him and for a while he looked pretty weak, so I assume maybe it was his time. BUT the Coral B. puzzles me?? She was doing great ... I thought? :? :cry:

Now I have a Strawberry Psuedo. and a Perc. Clown in my nano and they are doing great (no Isopods yet), and a Perc. in my 29gal. that is a trooper.

I'm doing some water changes over the next month and keeping the Bio load light for a while and then I'm going to add some Chromis I think. Would they be good to add with the Percula, are they hardy and how many could I add to the 29gal?

Thanks

Jermz

Back
Top Bottom