My MP10 killed my jawfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Came home today and same routine may checked on my bio cube and it's residents and found my MP10 not working and my yellow face jawfish dead tangled in the power head :(

Could this be or maybe the fish was dead already or sick?

I called the company they said I should run that protective piece it comes with.

Your thoughts on this?

Not sure if the power head could have sucked him in or not...but that really blows.
Sorry you lost him. :-(

Flreefer said:
Not sure if the power head could have sucked him in or not...but that really blows.
Sorry you lost him. :-(

Thanks man. Yeah the wife is gonna be upset. Do you know of that foam piece hinders the mp10? The company tech said I should use it in a BC29. I hope I still have it. It's just a very thin piece of foam to cover the wet side.

Convict2161 said:
Thanks man. Yeah the wife is gonna be upset. Do you know of that foam piece hinders the mp10? The company tech said I should use it in a BC29. I hope I still have it. It's just a very thin piece of foam to cover the wet side.

Convict unfortunately if your jawfish was small enough he swam into the intake and was shredded.

Ive had a yellow watchman goby do the same thing. Also my sand sifting star nearly lost 2 legs this way. If any fish is small enough to fit in the intake slots then i highly suggest the foam temporarily until he gets bigger.

Ive never found the foam to hinder performance however it will be fouled very easily with food and debris and needs to be cleaned often.

Sorry for you lose, i feel your pain. My yellow watchman was killed within the first hour into the tank from the MP10. I do NOT consider it a fault of the MP10. Just one of those things you have to be careful with.

The pump makes an awful noise when something gets caught but ive never found it had problems working right because of it.

It probably would somewhat, but it would be better than the alternative. I would imagine you would have to rinse it out once a week or so.

Thanks everyone. I'm gonna use it and just make it an extra step during weekly water changes. It's easy enough to get to. Maybe even clean it 2x's a week.

Thanks again. It's an awesome power head now I just have to get another jawfish.

:(

image-1646860086.jpg

Back
Top Bottom