new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just chiming in, the new tank, assuming it's 20*14*14 inches, is exactly 16.97 gallons, meaning the filled volume is exactly 15.76 gallons when full to an inch inch below the brim.

Yes I built it a few weeks ago. I do like the size. But like I said before the height is hard to scape. I have about 8" of open water about the rocks I wish I could find a fish to swim in. The two in there now stay on the bottom and around the rocks. Or some kind of blue colored branching coral. I've seen one at my lfs but $80 seemed to high

Blue stag acros are fairly easy acropora and grow in nice branching forms.

I just looked them up. They are amazing. Im going to look for them tomorrow at a few of our lfs. This one is the branches I saw last week. It was 2 branches about 6" tall for $80.

ForumRunner_20140530_215339.jpg

Be careful though, IMO tanks a little young for sps, and acros can be finicky to say the least.

I just looked them up. They are amazing. Im going to look for them tomorrow at a few of our lfs. This one is the branches I saw last week. It was 2 branches about 6" tall for $80.

View attachment 238888

I wouldn't buy that. It looks non photosynthetic. I really need to read threads from the start haha. How old is the tank. Definitely wait a couple months before acros.

All of the water and live rock came out of a 8 month old tank. The only thing different is the sand. I have a star polyp that is doing great.

You hit the nail on the head. That's what I saw. So given the tanks age can I keep either one of these types of corals. If yes what would I spot feed the gorg

I've reeled off for now on the gorg. Instead I got a new test kit for phos. kh, and cal. I did a full test and do really now what it all means. I haven't been able to get the growth on my zoas duncan and rics I thought I should. From reading older posts I think with the current lights I have I'm only about 3 Watts away from the recommends minimum so I'll be upgrading soon

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Salinity .026
Nitrate 10-4ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Am 0ppm
Phos.25
Kh. 179ppm
Cal. 440
Ph 7.8
Not really sure what it all means

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back