pistol shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarin man

Aquarium Advice Regular
anybody have an opinion on how a pistol shrimp will be in a 14 gal nano reef? and what fish do they usually form symbiotic relationships with?

Pistols will usually fourm relationships with most gobies however it is not guarenteed ...You may be able to get one already paired , it is a bit more expensive tho .. Make sure your live rock is firmly planted on the glass or have it mounted on plexi with sand on top as they will burrow under the sand and keep it will stirred . Make sure that you do not have any corals that will be affected negativly if some sand gets tossed on it which is almost a given ... They all in all are a good choice for a nano ...

I have a pistol shrimp with my yellow watchman goby. It is a great relationship to observe. Focus on Amblyeleotris/Cryptocentrus/Stonogobiops sp. as these are ferred to as "shrimp gobies" and tend to form symbiotic relationships with pistols in the wild.

I think they will be fine together if anything the pistol will protect the burrow and more likely will out the peppermint .. however they are known to live successfuly together

Back
Top Bottom