question regarding polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wvanderborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a small neon green/blue vietnam zooanthius colony that is my pride and joy. (Totally a freebie too) It has a total of about 18-22 heads and just looks awesome but I can't seem to get it to attach to anything. Live rock, coral chunks, crushed coral. It just sits on the top. I have it in a small cup on the top of my tank. Does anyone know why its not taking to anything?.?????

You'll likely need to super glue it to a rock. The gel is easier to work with IMO. Just be sure to place it somewhere in the tank (depth, lighting, flow) that it is happy in for awhile first.

The super glue will cure almost instantly. Just make sure no shrimp think it is something to eat. You could also try this Tunze Coral Fix Epoxy (4oz) - 0104.710 I use super glue more than epoxy unless I have to make a false wall for a frag plug to stay in a indentation in the rock.

Alright ill use super glue. That won't stop it from spreading will it? I want it to get huge. Lol. I don't have shrimps. Just snails and a scooter blenny n a six line

The polyps will grow right over the super glue. I have glued one polyp on a frag plug and it spread just fine.

Back
Top Bottom