Quick Fixed RO/DI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattyfelts

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone, this isn't a question but an answer!

Recently (about a week ago) I went to use my RODI unit and it blew apart (the faucet adapter) because a family member had nicked the locking mechanism off I believe, or because the tubing was to small. The locking mechanism/ thing that holds the tube was lost down the drain.

Puzzled and not wanting to pay 6 dollars plus shipping to Canada, I wanted to find something to replace it from Home Depot. That came of no avail because apparently "they don't exist". Thank you Home Depot :banghead:.

So to fix this, I took the waste water line (after the flow restrictor) off. I used the tube holder thing off that, and replaced the one from my faucet adapter. IT WORKED! :dance: Joking... It leaked like a siv, so I once again was puzzled.

I took apart the faucet adapter again and realized that the tubing (now the right size [1/4"] purchased at home depot) was cut on an angle, after straightening that cut and two more within the device that I had replaced, it was back in action making 000ppm TDS water!

So, if you have any of the same issues I did, check over all the points I have made before making any drastic purchases. Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom