Salty Noobs "Not So Nano" 29g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your gonna love LEDs on your tank! The actinics are bright at night if you dont have a dimmer. I added 6 true lumen 1 watt leds to use at night and morning when lights cut off and before they come on. (I dont have a dimmer). Heres my mod.
img_2740782_0_b5ff15edae8dac44ff002e5d24a7a5e2.jpg

img_2740782_1_8ac8e50ce41b9a74c5729bc8cbc5b901.jpg

Your gonna love LEDs on your tank! The actinics are bright at night if you dont have a dimmer. I added 6 true lumen 1 watt leds to use at night and morning when lights cut off and before they come on. (I dont have a dimmer). Heres my mod.

Aww man I'm so excited now! About how close should I space the lights from the water surface? And I like that mod, that's clean!

Aww man I'm so excited now! About how close should I space the lights from the water surface? And I like that mod, that's clean!

Thanks. Only 6 watts! Lol. It should have recommendations on the light specs. Mines about 10" id guess.

cool, what changes with the distance from the water surface? ive always wondered..

I think its just the intensity of the 3w leds and letting the light spread evenly over the tank. The tao led fixture isnt as long as your tank. Put it too close and it may create a beam of light just in the middle of the tank, plus it could melt some coral.

It's kinda like taking a flashlight and pointing it at something. The closer it is causes the light not to spread out. The further away you go the light spreads out more

Keeps the fixture away from the water evaporation, spreads the light more evenly, keeps anything from splashing it, let's you work in the tank without moving it all around. I have mine at 12" off the surface. Shoot me a text when you read this Tex, I figured out why my Taos weren't giving me the PAR rating and growth I was expecting. All is good with them now.

Alright guys that all makes sense now, to get the true 24" coverage I'm assuming 10"-12" is the golden number, I'm figuring out how to mount it as we speak, thanks for all the help guys!

No problem Tex. when I first got mine I drilled some hooks into the ceiling and hung them with chains. But you have to find the studs

That's what I'm just finding out, dead center of my tank is offset between two studs.. dam.. lol

Back
Top Bottom