Salty Noobs "Not So Nano" 29g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The red one was labeled sunburst. It was the nicest acan my LFS had. There are alot of colors in it its the hardest coral i have to get a photo of the actual color. Its mostly really red but has green, blue, and orange in it here and there.

The red one was labeled sunburst. It was the nicest acan my LFS had. There are alot of colors in it its the hardest coral i have to get a photo of the actual color. Its mostly really red but has green, blue, and orange in it here and there.

Any other non-green suggestions..?

Yes me too. Working on getting me one. Probably will end up over paying. But if it makes me happy then oh well. Lol

Oh yea the price of some acans can be high. That particular 3 head sunburst acan was $70 but i got 50% off. Just look for deals and try bringing in frags for in store credit. Thats how i got most of my coral. You should be able to get a red acan frag under $40.

Oh yea the price of some acans can be high. That particular 3 head sunburst acan was $70 but i got 50% off. Just look for deals and try bringing in frags for in store credit. Thats how i got most of my coral. You should be able to get a red acan frag under $40.

Woop sounds like a plan.

Fire and ice zoanthids on the left also add a nice little splash of red to my tank. Red is what i was looking for in my tank as well.
img_2747367_0_24eb856586975d3048d9ef5be7f6a3e3.jpg

Yes they do. There are zoanthids out there any color you can think of. Some are labeled with some ridiciuloud names along with a price to match.lol

Yes they do. There are zoanthids out there any color you can think of. Some are labeled with some ridiciuloud names along with a price to match.lol

I know I've been on reefs2go in the zoa section and they go on and on lol

**Update 12/10/2013**

I did some rearranging yesterday and these duncans are loving where I put em, the zoas same happy and settled in already and well my hammer is just a happy camper 24/7 lol

I installed a heater for my tank it's a 200w aqueon I've always had luck with this model and this heater kept a 55g at 82* when I was doing cichlids so why not trust it to keep a 29g reef super stable. I noticed my in-tank temp was dropping to about 74* so now its at a steady 80* very tropical lol

Here's a few pics guys, I might pick up an acan this week I'm still undecided.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131210_134148.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131210_134148.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 61
  • ForumRunner_20131210_134207.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131210_134207.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 63
  • ForumRunner_20131210_134229.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131210_134229.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom