temperature controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondanation09

Aquarium Advice Activist
Getting excited as my delivery of new biocube HQI is set for Monday :ROFLMAO:
Just fine tuning things now and trying to get everything right from the initial setup. I am thinking I would like a temperature controller like this one:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2954/blueline.jpg

My question is can any heater plug into this? Cannot seem to find any info on this. And it looks like 3 cords coming out of it...Why?

Hondanation09 said:
Getting excited as my delivery of new biocube HQI is set for Monday :ROFLMAO:
Just fine tuning things now and trying to get everything right from the initial setup. I am thinking I would like a temperature controller like this one:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2954/blueline.jpg

My question is can any heater plug into this? Cannot seem to find any info on this. And it looks like 3 cords coming out of it...Why?

I'm not sure that is totally necessary. I have the HQI version as well and just have the heater in chamber 1. I know some people say you will have problems with heat from the lamp but I haven't had any issues at all.

isnt your skimmer in chamber 1? Or not running one perhaps? I was thinking heater in chamber with pump?

Hondanation09 said:
isnt your skimmer in chamber 1? Or not running one perhaps? I was thinking heater in chamber with pump?

I'm not running the skimmer, your weekly water changes will take care of that for you! Convict has run one for a long time without getting a dirty cup of skimate and just quit running his.

Yes I have had a skimmer Tunze9002 in chamber 2 for 9 months and it hasn't skimmed anything but my nerves. Took it out and water parameters have not changed.

I do 5 gallon water changes once a week and that seems to be working just fine. My tank is doing very well (knock on wood)

Convict If you keep knocking on wood you will break something lol. But yes there isnt a need for a skimmer. Go with the media basket and fuge in chamber 2 and check out convicts biocube info thread I wrote up a little something on how to make the fuge work. Thanks to convict of course I was just the one to try it before he threw out his skimmer. Now I have pods growing like mad it seems. I can't stick my hand in the back without getting pods on me

Back
Top Bottom