200G stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisshboy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, never really wondered about stocking as i have a fair sized tank and I'm stocking it slowly just wondering if im fully stocked, over stocked or under stocked so heres my stock list:

Regal Tang
Yellow Tang
Sailfin Tang
2x True perc clown
Royal Gramma
Mandarin
2x humbug Damsel
Cleaner wrasse
2x cleaner shrimp
Long spine urchin
Starfish
Bubble tip anemone

My tank stats are:

Salinity - 1.025
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10
PH - 8.1
Phosphate - 0
Kh - 10
Calcium - 490
Temp - 26 Celsius

Tank is well established with lots of love rock, lighting is 3x 150w metal halide. Tmc v2 600 skimmer

I think your list is good. Im not for sure of this do to ur tank size. Bc it is large if you still should add the tangs all at once so they dont fight. You may want to look into that. If may not account for the size tank you have. But ive always read you should add similar fish in your case tangs at the same time to lessen aggression.

You could probably add a few more fish. Just watch your nitrates. Wouldn't really want them to creep up much higher with an anemone and other corals you may have in your tank.

That list is the fish i have in there at present all the tangs get along fine :) i was thinking a pair of bangai cardinals or firefish and/or depending on how stocked i am another large fish either a copperband butterfly or a Moorish idol ( i know both hard fish to keep before anyone states)

Iv started dosing redsea no3po4-x hopefully that will lower my nitrates then i can set up a dosing pump with it once i have a steady level. Nitrates have been that ever since the day i set the tank up it hasn't gone up or down

What if you got a paired couple of wrasse of some sort

Watch the water quality but imo you have room for more. Dwarf angel, anthias, cardinals, blennys gobys whatever you want... your sailfin and yellow are same body types, just monitor for any aggression but you seem to be doing well.

Yes imo you have room for a copperband or morish idol.. good luck, ive tried copperbands 2x with no luck.

I'd remove the mandarin because all those fish would eat most if not all of the Copepods.

My mandarin eats frozen feed and i put about 6liters of my copepod culture in a week so theres plenty to go around had him over a year now

Back
Top Bottom