acclimating corals advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pokmijn

Aquarium Advice Freak
i want to know if i get corals from a setup that has less light then me do i just start the coral from the bottom then move to the spot i want them to be slowly?

what if they came from a tank that has more light?

Ahhhh, light acclimation. You must place the coral higher or lower to conphensate for the lighting differinces. For example, if you have PC's and they had MH's then you need to place that coral as high as you can! Then slowly move it down, little by little, every few days. or the opposite.

ok i have two 175 mh and im gonna get corals from tank that has less then me i start from the bottom

and if i get corals from someone that has mh but more i start from anywhere since he has more

is this right?

Correct. Just comphenscate for the different lights. Sounds like youre on the higher end of the lighting specrtum like me =]. Usually you'll need to start most corals on your sandbed or lower in the tank. (depending on the other lighting of course). You will bleach out corals that are receiving too much light or see browning when there isn't enough light. (both of these things could be caused in other ways though)
Good Luck!

alrite thanks my first time using halides so hopefully everything goes well. but yeah i just bleached out a lower light acro, it was thriving with my t5 but when i add the mh it turned white really fast. thats why i ask how to acclimate.

well thanks again.

No prob, I bleached out my first corals and just did again, recently out of stupidity.
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom