AI Prime lighting schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an AI Prime over my 13 gallon reef, and not quite sure on how long I should have it on and how bright I should have it. The tank is a cube of 16 inches in diameter and corals consist of:
A duncan
GSP
Trumpet
Sun polyps
Different zoas

How long should I keep the lights on for, and at what brightness and temperature?

As of right now, I have it turning on at 12:30 PM, and building to 6500k at 1:00 PM, and then moving to 15000k by 8:00 PM and then winding down to off by 11:00 PM

I pretty much bought the light as soon as I acquired the tank, the light that the previous owner had on top of it was just a compact fluorescent. I only have the light at 45% intensity right now though, should I bump it up?

So the corals were under cfl before? If so I wouldn't turn up the lights yet bc those lights will fry them. I think the lighting schedule you have them on is good. How do the corals look with the way you have the lights now?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nope, I bought almost all my corals after I bought the light, they were under LEDs at the store too. According to research, it sounds like the Prime only goes to 250 PAr at 100%. Should I bump up the percentage then? Lately, my duncan isn't even opening up at all, and I've been struggling with keeping zoas happy. I'm also seeing almost no growth at all excepting my GSP. I'll upload some pictures soon!

That intensity should be just fine for what you are keeping. I'd look at your parameters as to why you aren't seeing growth. You should talk to Bribo about your AI, I know he has one.

I tested the water yesterday, here are results of everything I tested:
Nitrate: 5
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
Salinity: 1.021
pH: 7.8

Back
Top Bottom