Anchoring power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davidfrances

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the best way to anchor powerheads to the aquarium walls? I use mostly Aquarium Systems maxijets (1200) and it seems like the suction cups give out after a couple of months. My wavemaker's on/off action seems to work them loose.

I'm considering using epoxy to secure the mounting brackets to a clear acrylic strip, and clamping that to the back of the tank. That way I'd have a powerhead "module" that I could lift out for servicing and reinstallation would not involve a major tear down.

Any ideas?

Another thing to consider is they might just need cleaning. Algae slime can still grow underneath them as well as bacterial waste and abiotic precip. All will contribute to having less holding strength.

Cheers
Steve

I have the same problem. The 1200's are very powerful and can push these little PH's around, changing the direction fo flow. I screwed the HOT bracket to the inside of my hood. I can take the PH's loose for cleaning and then snap them back on the bracket. Works for me. Your idea sounds fine. IMO suction cups are not the best method of attaching PH's, especially powerful ones.

Back
Top Bottom