Anemone advice??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hookman

Aquarium Advice Activist
My black clown swims in my green star polyps, kinda irritating them, what kind of anemone can I get for him, I was thinking of a bulb tip. My water is good, nothing is unhealthy, except for my neon goby. I can't catch him though, he has white fuzzies on him that disappear and then come back but it doesn't spread to other fish. I was wondering what a good anemone would be for these fish?

There is a compatibility chart for clown/anemones somewhere. It tells which types of clowns naturally prefer certain types of anemones.

First I suggest getting that little bugger goby asap. :D

Secondly a few questions that will help us determine the answer to your question.

1. How old is your tank?
2. How big is your tank?
3. What kind of lighting do you have? (wpg)

:wink:

My tank is almost two years old, 4-5 inch DSB, LR, 55 gal, aqua-c remora skimmer. I have a orbit 260 watt PC. I have 3 green chromis, ocellaris clown, a black ocellaris clown, a black sebae or saddleback clown (has a yellow mouth, yellow pectoral fins), neon yellow goby, yellow tang, skunk and blood red shrimp. Corals include giant cup mushroom (ate two of my shrimp so far), four different kinds of zoos, green star polyps, toadstool mushroom, xenias which regenerate too fast, ricordeas, etc. The black sebae is the only clown that seems to want an anemone!!

You might be pushing your livestock limits alittle. If the anemone is for the sebae clown then I would suggest getting a sebae anemone.

How about water parameters? You can try a captive raised Bulb tipped. They are generally very hardy. Compatability is always a crap shot in a tank.

Back
Top Bottom