Anemone death..help plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone,

I "recently" had an anemone that was very active in my tank...usually moved within a 30 cm diameter around the left hide sand of my tank.. but one morning i woke up to realise it was in the back corner.. (where my uptake for my filtration is.. so yeah.. it moved to its death because the uptake sucked the majority of its "tentacles" into the tube and pretty much killed it.. im just wondering if i put on the right side is there any chance of it moving all the way to the right.. (4 1/2 foot?) because my anemone housed two ocellaris clowns and theyre lost without one.. i feel sorry for them..

any suggestions?

thanks!

okay i lost myself there..hide sand (hand side) idiot!! and if i put it on the right is there a chance of it moving 4 1/2 feet to the left...

im having a bad day with the typo's!!

i'm no expert, but i have heard of anemone's moving all over the place to find good lighting/flow conditions. There is certainly a chance that it can move over there again imo. How long did you have it?

3 months... but within about 2 days started to move ever so slowly towards the intake tube...then..yeh...it died.. :(, ive had other anemones, i know they move...but yeah this was a little weird..

When anemones start to roam, it is ussually a sign that they are not happy with something, declining water conditions, lighting or flow. Can you list your current parameters, size of tank and type of lighting? Sorry for your loss :cry:

ammonia - nil, nitrate - nil, nitrate - 5, my tank is 4 1/2 foot at 300lites and i have x30000 w of x3 actinic lighting, thanks, anemones cost alot though :(

2 - BTA's and 1 - LTA..All dead. Personally I give up on them. Some folks seem to be able to drop them in and have no problems. Most, like me, they croak or wander off to their death. My last BTA...3 days, got up next day, never saw it again..If the tank is not darn near prisitne and anemone 'safe', then I wouldn't waste the $$...Less you got $$ to waste..in which case, waste it on me..

GL!

Back
Top Bottom