Aquacon Order arrived!! Warning lots of pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my order arrived this morning from aquacon and I thought I would give a detailed photo log of how the company shipped and the new arrivals of course!

I ordered:
2 B&W clowns
pair of coral banded shrimp
pair of cleaner shrimp
4 emerald crabs

The company did a great job as far as letting me know the current status of everything, even called the day of shipping tomake sure I would be home the next day! I liked that a lot. The packaging was excellent and included an ice pack wrapped in newspaper stuck to the top of the box.

Here is a plethora of pictures!
img_1503753_0_e1418e1fa40070a340e1d79219990b6d.jpg

img_1503753_1_6b7b4f254366eda8d6ebaf5971254015.jpg

img_1503753_2_9c4a4b6d072eb4aa785689676bde0f01.jpg

img_1503753_3_d82840534e0921c016a50460f2693411.jpg

One of the coral banded doesnt look well, he lost an arm in transport somehow and isnt moving much so not sure about him. Otherwise everything else fared really well so far. The clowns ar nice in that they sent a smaller one and a larger one so hopefully they will pair up. the emerald crabs had no guarantee but they arrived alive too. There are also two very large ones and two small ones.

Each bag was labeled too with what was inside. If all goes well with these guys I will most likely order from them again.

The cleaner shrimp are TINY though, so not sure which tank they are going in, was gonna put them in the cube but I think they'd get lost in there so I might go with the pico.

Bummer, it seems one of the cleaner shrimp hasnt made it through accliamtion. :-( Not too sure about the one coral banded either...it's alive but barely.

On a good note the emerald crabs are all in their respective tanks and have started work. lol The clowns are still acclimating but seem fine so far as well.

I kinda wasnt surprised, they did travel overnight in little bags. The cleaners are way too tiny so I guess it was fate. But you gotta take the good with the bad I suppose.

I will be sending an email shortly to aquacon and we'll see how hard it is to get them to honor their 48 hour guarantee. That will determine if I buy from them again.

They will definitely honor it, don't worry about it :) I can't wait to get my hands on a credit card!! Lol how big are those emerald crabs? They look huge!

Two were pretty tiny and two were in fact huge. I put the tiny ones in the pico and the 2 big ones in the cube. :)

Only another 15 minutes or so and I'll be adding the clowns to the cube. It's been almost 2 hours. woohoo... I soo missed having my b&w's, cant wait to see them swim around! I'm like an expectant mother lol

Just two b&w's. They did send two different sizes so I'm hopeful. :)

They are already at home in the new tank and are swimming all around together. They are still a little orange cause they are still juveniles but they should darken up in a month or two. Couldn't beat the price, $34 each. I was going to buy a set from my lfs for $49 each! lol

I was all about placing an order but with the $50 shipping the prices, even with all the great discounts, came to the exact same that I can get from my LFS, so I figured I'd do my business there, and hopefully they continue to give me nice discounts on my corals.

I love the B&W's, they are my favorites!

Bummer about the losses.

I spent $100 so my shipping was free, minus the $5 packing fee. They ship to florida residents for only $15 for under $100 orders so it's a decent price for me. So far I'm pleased. I sent an email about the shrimp, havent heard back yet.

My total was $165 after shipping... For some reason they don't like to ship to MI for free! :)

Wow, that is ALoT! If I didnt get the shipping deal I would have passed for sure. Theres still so many things I wanted that I didnt buy. I just wanted to see how they worked and make sure they were reputable until forking over more money.

So, it's been 3 hours of acclimating the shrimp so I;m gonna drop them in now. The coral banded is kinda small, hope he doesnt get lost in the 125g. Same for the cleaner going into the cube...but here goes nothing!

Back
Top Bottom