Aquascaping Ideas..!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone,

As im about to set up my 100gal in 2 weeks, I've gained quite a bit of knowledge and learnt alot from my first tank 75gal. I am wanting to aquascape my next tank using ledges and caves etc. Just wanting to know how you guys do it. I was thinking of using PVC piping, drilling holes in the rocks and sliding them onto the pipe? Any feedback or any other ways of doing it would be great!!

Attachments

• aquascape_proj.jpg
    aquascape_proj.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 101
You could do that but you can also just stack the rock how you like.

I think it's a cool method of stacking. With PVC, you're going to be able to stack rocks that look off center, creating a cool ledge effect. I think it's a great idea! Please tell us how it goes.

Good idea but you are going to need a large base rock so it will not get top heavy and tip. You can also buy clear plastic dial rods that will require a smaller hole and be less visible. Stainless steel is another option but cost will be much higher

oh... im sure you wont have to glue anything on. i thought you meant you wanted the one on the left and didnt pay attention to the right one im sure it'll work.

the diagram one the left just represents the method im going to TRY and use.. the right side is what it looks like when all rocks are slid onto the pipe. im wanting to replicate a reef wall drop off as much as possible..ledges and all that jazz..!

You guys also need to remember he will be keeping an eel in this tank...

you could do what i did and search around until you getreally flat pieces of rock.

then you can order rocks from reeferrocks and they'll give you whatever kinda shapes you want.

check this out:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=53825&highlight=reeferrocks

my tank is set up now and it is FULL of shelves!!!!!!!!! I did all of mine just by stacking the rocks and useing shelf pieces to make shelves poke out.

I'll try to post some pics of my tank tomorrow if I can remember..... it's only a week old though so

Thats why the drilling and piping is much better than stacking..if i were to stack and my eel hit a rock it could easily fall.. my proposed method will give stability.. even though i assure everyone .. even u zac!!! haha.. my eel is the most docile i have ever seen..! wouldnt harm a fly.. or in this case a royal dottyback!

Back
Top Bottom