Assistance needed please, Reef 40gal new build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluzepher1

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have the 40gal breeder tank at home, tank stand almost complete, painting now. guess I better get to drilling my tank, not sure how to go about this step.

I would like this to be a reef tank with live rock, live substrate,
fish
pair of clowns, a goby with his symbiotic shrimp buddy,
a Sixline Wrasse, Pseudochromis, Royal Gramma, and a cardinal fish or two.

Any ideas on different fish, i am not opposed to replacing the cardinals, need something to swim mid tank.

anemone (nemo and his gf need a home) feather duster, brain coral, sea fan, starfish. Zoas, clams are cool too. All of this will go in over time, lots of time. :)

looks like will need a sump. not sure what all goes into a sump. how big of a tank should the sump be.

I think I have the lighting figured out, need to find a light hanging rack to go over my tank, (no ceiling hanging here, we have 12ft ceilings)

Im sure I have forgotten something. Any advise/assistance/links is gladly welcome. I will get my water at my LFS.

I have the 40gal breeder tank at home, tank stand almost complete, painting now. guess I better get to drilling my tank, not sure how to go about this step.

I would like this to be a reef tank with live rock, live substrate,
fish
pair of clowns, a goby with his symbiotic shrimp buddy,
a Sixline Wrasse, Pseudochromis, Royal Gramma, and a cardinal fish or two.

Any ideas on different fish, i am not opposed to replacing the cardinals, need something to swim mid tank.

anemone (nemo and his gf need a home) feather duster, brain coral, sea fan, starfish. Zoas, clams are cool too. All of this will go in over time, lots of time. :)

looks like will need a sump. not sure what all goes into a sump. how big of a tank should the sump be.

I think I have the lighting figured out, need to find a light hanging rack to go over my tank, (no ceiling hanging here, we have 12ft ceilings)

Im sure I have forgotten something. Any advise/assistance/links is gladly welcome. I will get my water at my LFS.

I have a 37g reef with just a canister filter and a cpr bak pak protien skimmer for filtration and my water is crystal clear i will show you a pick in a bit, but for stock you could add some crabs or shrimp peppermint shrimps and emeralds are good also red legged hermits are super at cleaning up rock and sand hope this helped!

I like a sump, to increase water volume and hide ugly components like a skimmer and heater. I would use something like a 20 long.

Here are some smaller choices for your tank-
Nano Fish

Back
Top Bottom