AURIGA BUTTERFLYFISH QUESTION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spiderman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm planning to get an Auriga Butterfly in a 90G SWFO tank. Now I've read that these fish prefer a salinity of 1.024-1.026. My current tank has a salinity of 1.021-1.022. Do I have to raise it up to 1.024? Over how long a period should I do this (gradually, I suppose) in order not to shock the current inhabitants?

Thanks!

Yes, you would need to raise your salinity and you would face a more troublesome problem and that is in their diet for they feed mainly by tearing pieces from polychaetes, sea anemones, coral polyps, and algae.
And last but least, a 90 gallon tank be too small for this fish for they need LOTS of open swimming space.
Buddy ><{{{{">

i think a 90 would be the smallest, but you could do it. Get a small one as they adapt best to aquarium foods. Mine is about 3 inches and eats everything i put in the tank. Very hardy. I don't know what my SG is, but it's higher than yours now, just raise it up and you should be fine.

img_309403_0_e819947110640399ed9a25fe8e9e1965.jpg

Jim

Back
Top Bottom