Baby brine shrimp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crystal A

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have decided to try something different and hatch some baby brine. Has anyone tried this before and if so do you have any advice that you could share from past experience.

I just hatched some about a week ago it was my first time I bought a kit off of eBay I think it was less than ten bucks it is a piece of plastic that you screw a liter soda bottle in to after you cut the bottom of it off and hook a air pump up to it and presto in about 24 hours I had thousands of baby brine. It came with airline and the brine shrimp eggs everything but the liter bottle. It was pretty cool.

Thanks for the link. I have seen that video and I am gonna follow it as best I can. That's what gave me the idea to try it. Seems pretty easy to do.

How did your fish react to the live brine. I'm curious to know if they go wild over live food or not?

You are welcome, it is VERY easy to do if you follow the video and take a few notes - you'll be successful...

My fish LOVE Baby Brine Shrimp, it is fun to see the excitement in the tank that live foods generate.

I think it's great you are giving this a try, your fish will enjoy them...

I was reading up on it and apparently they aren't that nutritious. I guess you have to make them healthier thru feeding them. Will read more. :)

Feed them spirulina, live phytoplankton, and selcon. I've been doing this for awhile and my fish and corals love it.

Back
Top Bottom