Blue devil damsel has to go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been having some problems with cyano lately. I'm 99% sure it's because my blue devil damsel digs in the sand constantly. He shakes his tail to stir up the sand and then eats the pods that are kicked up. Then at night he digs a hole to sleep in. The cyano is mainly right at the spots where he digs so I"m thinking he's just stirring up stuff from my DSB. I guess the only solution is to get rid of him.

i have one that does the same thing but no cyano !! what size tank and what your water turn rate?? my guess thats the issue not the fish !!

Not sure how cyano could grow in an area of constant turnover.

tank is a 110, about 1400 gph which I realize isn't quite enough. Part of the problem is that the tank is 31" tall so it's kinda hard to circulate the whole tank. But, like I said the cyano spots are real bad right where he digs. I'll take some pics tomorrow to show you what I mean. All water tests perfect. My skimmer is not quite up to par, but I've never really had this issue until he started digging all the time.

Back
Top Bottom