Brightwell Aquatics Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The page didnt work, but if it is the stuff in the black bucket, my buddy uses it and its worth it, as soon as i use up my Instant Ocean I'm swicthing to it

There is nothing fancy or special about that salt, except the false advertising on the bucket. It does not mix to the exact same parameters as natural seawater as they say it does on the bucket.
Brightwell claims you will get 413 ca, 7.5 dKH alk and 1288 mag. In real life, people are getting around 370 calcium, 11 dKH alk and 1140 mag.
Synthetic Salt Mixes - Reef Central Online Community

as soon as i use up my Instant Ocean I'm swicthing to it
IMO, and that of many others, you are better off using Instant Ocean with it's better parameters of 400 ca, 11 dKH and 1350 mag.

There is nothing fancy or special about that salt, except the false advertising on the bucket. It does not mix to the exact same parameters as natural seawater as they say it does on the bucket.
Brightwell claims you will get 413 ca, 7.5 dKH alk and 1288 mag. In real life, people are getting around 370 calcium, 11 dKH alk and 1140 mag.
Synthetic Salt Mixes - Reef Central Online CommunityQUOTE]

370-11-1288, I don't like any of those parameters. In my opinion and for my tank that is:
too low-too high-too low

Yeah i just wanted to know what you guys thought about it. I think im just gonna stick with Seachem reef salt.

i would just stick with what you have if it it working
if its not broke dont fix it

Salt works awesome... I been using it since it came out and I will not look back all my SPS that were brown are now colored up.... Water parameters are not as exact as what it says on the bucket but it's close enough and does a fantastic job my water paramaters are as fallows 460 ca, 8.3 dkh,1300 mg.... But if your corals are happy IMO stick with what you are using......

Back
Top Bottom