Bubble Algae removal question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After purchasing a 'must have' coral I've been plagued with bubble algae in my smaller tank. I want to move a piece of liverock from this tank into my larger tank and I don't (repeat don't) want to bring it into the other tank.

How can I clean off the piece of lr without knocking out everything on the rock?

This piece of rock is absolutely cool....it has a really neat little 'tripod' area on it that would be an excellent home for my huge crocea clam that I want to move into the other tank.

TIA!

Thanks!!! After reading that article I'm ready to sharpen up the screwdriver. I didn't even think that my urchins would touch that stuff but I was wrong (according to the article). So I think I'll yank the rock out and poke out the rock around the bubble algae...do a good rinse and put it in my larger tank. Even if I do get a couple of 'bubbles' I'm not as worried now that I know my urchins will take care of them. Thanks again Mike!

Back
Top Bottom