bubble tip anemone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sniperhank said:
Remember not all btas bubble up. It took mine awhile to adjust, about a week. If it doesn't find a spit and open up then move it if possible. Its how I ended up having to flip a rock for the one, while the other just did fine on its own. Both of mine are under over hands and lean out into the light.

I know, I seen a lot with no bubbles....but mine is closed up, seems like

Last night I had to look for him...he was under a rock closed up....maybe my lights are what's making him hide. I'm about to take my Fiji purple out and see what happens

Update....it was wide open today after I changed my bulb.... (Purple had to go)it had nice bubbles in it's tentacles and was showing beautiful colors! I Fed him...he closed up for a while and opened today...it was worth every penny! Lol I also added a pink panther polyp and a purple man eater polyp today.... They're looking good too!

I'm So glad that your nem finally settled In and seems happy!!! That's great! :)Inspect live rock before adding it to your aquarium to help prevent hitchhiking bristle worms from getting into your aquarium in the first place.

Beengirl said:
I'm So glad that your nem finally settled In and seems happy!!! That's great! :)Inspect live rock before adding it to your aquarium to help prevent hitchhiking bristle worms from getting into your aquarium in the first place.

I don't what happened at end of that post!!! Lol I somehow attached something else, but not sure how. (this iPhone app drives me crazy sometimes-is that just me?) the first 2 sentences were actually from me!! Lol. not sure who typed the last part.

Update....it was wide open today after I changed my bulb.... (Purple had to go)it had nice bubbles in it's tentacles and was showing beautiful colors! I Fed him...he closed up for a while and opened today...it was worth every penny! Lol I also added a pink panther polyp and a purple man eater polyp today.... They're looking good too!

If you have the proper environment and good lighting, they do not need fed. Especially when newly placed in a tank, as they use up a lot of energy trying to digest food.

Beengirl said:
I don't what happened at end of that post!!! Lol I somehow attached something else, but not sure how. (this iPhone app drives me crazy sometimes-is that just me?) the first 2 sentences were actually from me!! Lol. not sure who typed the last part.

Thats happend to me to lol...

Glad your bta is doing great.

Did your anenome go straight to the bottom and la d upside down? I just received my green tip and it's upside down all the way at the bottom of the tank. My lights are off right now and turn on in an hour. I have my wavemakers turned off. Do I turn them on or wait acouple hours?

Nvm bubble tip is now attached to a rock. I turned on my wavemakers but I've heard you're supposed to leave them off for a couple hours while the nem is getting use to the tank. Can anyone advise?

If its arched then its fine. It'll move to where it is happy. Cutting the flow I'd top help it grip onto something without bring blown around the tank before it latches on.

Nvm bubble tip is now attached to a rock. I turned on my wavemakers but I've heard you're supposed to leave them off for a couple hours while the nem is getting use to the tank. Can anyone advise?

i dont think anything will happen i dropped mine in without turning off my powerheads and it did just fine it found a spot that it liked and attached itself there

It attached itself really fast and bubbled up. It's at the back of my aquarium now hopefully it finds a good spot in the front of the tank.

So today I came home and his mouth was open and he was spitting out Brown stuff....is that normal? I did feed him the after I got him.

Yes its normal they have no other way to expel waste they will do that every so often especially if you're feeding it well

So today I came home and his mouth was open and he was spitting out Brown stuff....is that normal? I did feed him the after I got him.

mine was actually doing that yesterday i got scared thought it was dying but when i went to the lfs and asked they said thats normal also they will close comepletely just for no reason thats also normal

Day two with my green tip and it's in the same spot. Horrible spot, it's in the back of my tank all the way in the bottom. Horrible because I can't really see it. I'm hoping it moves somewhere in the front of my tank.

Here's a bad picture of it..

image-2040263386.jpg

Rich42082 said:
Day two with my green tip and it's in the same spot. Horrible spot, it's in the back of my tank all the way in the bottom. Horrible because I can't really see it. I'm hoping it moves somewhere in the front of my tank.

Here's a bad picture of it..

Yea hopefully he'll move....I tried to move mine....no go....that grip is something else!

Back
Top Bottom