Bye, bye biocube...upgrade time!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice I love the Solon wrasse!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! I think he's going to be a cool addition. The others seem interested but not aggressive, so I hope he settles in happily.

There were two leopard wrasse in his tank and they were actually what I was looking at, but i had them feed the tank and the leopards didn't touch the food, so I passed on them but found this healthy guy eating away.

Good choice passing on non eating leopards. Acclimation is such an uphill battle with them. The Solon is one of my favorites too!

Nice. Great choice on the solan. They have some great color contrast! Good luck with him.

Crazy week but did some tank maintenance and moving around today. Updated FTS:

Some of my favorite Zoas

Cute little yellow sponge, safe to keep?

The peaceful duo

A little blurry but I love his mustache markings under the chin

I'm loving this tank the more I see it. That's sponge is safe, I've had plenty. Love wrasses!

Thanks Paul! I'm loving it too but sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the size and want to make sure I'm doing things right. Love my wrasses and hope the will get along!!

I have several wrasses together they all get along just fine , I love my red coris wrasses the most as they have lots of personality.
six line just swims side to side and up and down
the malanurus likes diving in the sand
I'm wanting a dragon wrasse for my predator tank
also want a fairy wrasse , their just fun to watch
I found a place to get gorgs ten bucks each they stand about 8 inch high and span about 10inch , I just picked up a few of those looking to get a few more ,
I also just ordered a assorted 10 pack of rock nems red,green ,blue,bi-color,yellow,and pink can't wait to see them there going into the predator tank, couldn't pass by ten bucks each. now that it's getting warmer but not here yet :D I seem to be finding lots of great deals, it's the shipping that gets you every time. let me wish you lots of good luck on your new tank ,

sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the size
AH just wait about a year you'll be wanting a 90g

now your new tank looks to be coming along nicely bet your loving the extra room,
wish I could get such crisp pictures that define all the colors . my camera is weird you might get lucky with a pict than any other is dark or blurry or the stupid flash goes off even when shut off ,

that mustache just cracked me up ,
img_3358575_0_74b9f89ec16fe8c012bdd08b8959434c.jpeg

love that possum you got there he looks like sharp
img_3358575_1_3577bd3941fea5e47896622aca8b71b5.jpeg

can't wait to see your tank once you get more into it seems you have a green thumb in saltwater. I see that tank going places ,
now let me shut up snickering as I hit reply..:brows:

Last edited:
54seaweed, check out the emerald or green sea grass wrasse. They have a juvi at the run down LFS that I seen. Looked them up they are really cool. I want it, but a little large for my tank. Says they have great personalities andcan flip rocks if there is food thought to be under it. Just an idea, pretty green too.
4-25-greensurge.jpg

I have several wrasses together they all get along just fine , I love my red coris wrasses the most as they have lots of personality.
six line just swims side to side and up and down
the malanurus likes diving in the sand
I'm wanting a dragon wrasse for my predator tank
also want a fairy wrasse , their just fun to watch
I found a place to get gorgs ten bucks each they stand about 8 inch high and span about 10inch , I just picked up a few of those looking to get a few more ,
I also just ordered a assorted 10 pack of rock nems red,green ,blue,bi-color,yellow,and pink can't wait to see them there going into the predator tank, couldn't pass by ten bucks each. now that it's getting warmer but not here yet :D I seem to be finding lots of great deals, it's the shipping that gets you every time. let me wish you lots of good luck on your new tank ,

AH just wait about a year you'll be wanting a 90g

now your new tank looks to be coming along nicely bet your loving the extra room,
wish I could get such crisp pictures that define all the colors . my camera is weird you might get lucky with a pict than any other is dark or blurry or the stupid flash goes off even when shut off ,

that mustache just cracked me up ,
img_3358620_0_74b9f89ec16fe8c012bdd08b8959434c.jpeg

love that possum you got there he looks like sharp
img_3358620_1_3577bd3941fea5e47896622aca8b71b5.jpeg

can't wait to see your tank once you get more into it seems you have a green thumb in saltwater. I see that tank going places ,
now let me shut up snickering as I hit reply..:brows:

Thanks Seaweed, I love the wrasses so its good to hear about yours, hope mine work it out. I am loving the room but my husband is not since every time I go to buy water I come home with something else (or two)$$ I'm sure when this one is busting at the seams I'm going to want to go bigger ?

You found a great price on gorgs! And I can't wait to see those rock flowers!! I have my biocube cleaned up and cycling new sand and rock so I can get my flowers out from under the counter and really start appreciate them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys! Took a little video of feeding time this morning. I really love the new solon fairy wrasse, can't believe I don't see more of them, the colors are incredible. Ignore the algae on the back wall, I picked up a few different snails yesterday and they are starting to make a dent.

https://youtu.be/n1NBzUw22Ns

Great video. Love the new Solon fairy and all that wrasse action. That flasher is such a show off. Lol

My flasher wrasse jumped last night :( I couldn't find him all morning in the tank and then there he was just behind the plant beside the tank. My salon fairy seems happy he is gone though.

My flasher wrasse jumped last night :( I couldn't find him all morning in the tank and then there he was just behind the plant beside the tank. My salon fairy seems happy he is gone though.

Awe man I'm sorry to hear about the flasher! He was a pretty one. IME the flashers are the most likely to jump. Do you have coveting in the tank?

Quick update on the tank. A little frustrated with some algae and a few corals slowing dying but most things are looking great. I've been upping water changes and pulling the GHA every few days, I need to test Ca and Alk to see if I need to start dosing. Anyway, some pics...

FTS

I added a pair of clowns, I'd like to get an RBTA for them soon

Also added this little Cardinal

There's a 20 minute window in the evening when the sun comes through and lights this gorg up and it looks like it might burst into flames, sooo pretty!

Zoas are one thing doing really well in this tank

And not proud of this but it's funny, my snail with a GHA wig.

zoa gardens looking good , that gorg is gorgeous , could always give the snail a hair cut lol

I've been so focused on the RFA tank that I thought my reef tank needed some attention. I ordered a red zoanthid sponge with my RFA order and they sent me two ? one has white zoanthids and the other has yellow.

Also picked up my first RBTA, hope my clowns find it and host it eventually. I think it's a little too small for them right now though.

And got some dragons breath, hoping It takes away from the GHA I'm still battling.

My clowns are stupid. They'll go in my rbta but then go back to their stupid torch coral!

Back
Top Bottom