calcium level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont think much would happen but if it got really high I`ve heard that it can reach a precipitation point. What makes you ask?

If any thing it would keep your Coralline algae grow more would help harded you snails shells and help along with there growth as well

Percipitation of the calcium aka 'snowstorm' in the tank is possible with Ca levels that are 'too high'. Running high Ca lends to faster depletion of Alk and a closer eye should be kept on Mg levels. Running elevated levels of Ca can also damage your pumps and acrylic devices like protein skimmers. I can attest from personal experience, getting the Ca deposites off of your equipment is a long vapid process. However, what is 'too high' is a subjective discussion and depends on each reef keepers setup and stock.

Happy Reefing

I dont think much would happen but if it got really high I`ve heard that it can reach a precipitation point. What makes you ask?

no reason just because i know someone how add calcium every other day and just wanted to know what bads could happen of that.

Back
Top Bottom