calcium reactor.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nutrak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got a 150 reef with 40ish LPS corals. its almost a year old now, and i've just gotten into SPS corals. i've got a few little frags that havent grown nearly at all in 5 weeks. For lighting i've got 3 400w 20,000k radium bulbs and 300w VHO actinic.

i must admit however, i've been a bit negligent with my calcium. it's soooo tedious checking those darn levels, so i just add a few drops of calcium every few days (i'm great about adding other supplements though!)

do i need a calcium reactor? i've found one in a pet shop for 450. it comes with everything and will do up to 180 gallons. its called an MTC or something like that. do i need to get this if i have sps and 9 clams?

thanks,
joe--the lazy fish keeper

calcium reactors are definitly becoming more and more popular, and a safe and easy way of keeping your calcium up and balanced. if money permits, definitly buy one.

I built mine for around $200 that is including the parts for the duel chambers, pump, co2 tank, regulator

Back
Top Bottom