Can I get a mantis shrimp?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if I could get a mantis shrimp. Peacock to be exact. I have a 150g with 110# of LR sump refugium 220 skimmer. Blonde naso, honeycomb grouper, yellow tang, niger triggerfish, green bird wrasse, snowflake eel I think because I have not seen him and am not sure if my cuc took care of him, and porcupine puffer. Would a mantis kill my fish or the other way around? Could it brake 3/4in glass when full grown?????

From my understanding they are better left in a species only tank. Their punch is suppose to equal that of a .22 round being fired, and recommend to be kept in acrylic tanks. Again, that's just my understanding, and maybe someone who owns one or knows more about them may be able to chime in.

Acrylic is recommended.
And your puffer and your trigger will attack and eat it.
Species only is best.
A sandbed of 2 and a half inches.
Eggcrate under the sand.

Oh and to add they have the ability to attack and break glass, but I've never heard of them doing it from someone who actually saw it.
Always my friend said or I heard about...

Nyghtfire said:
Oh and to add they have the ability to attack and break glass, but I've never heard of them doing it from someone who actually saw it.
Always my friend said or I heard about...

Go on YouTube and you can see some idiots letting their hands get hit by one.

Alright thanks. If I ever get another tank I will look into getting one. Theyre so cool. Guess Ill have to wait a little bit though.

Back
Top Bottom