Can i get a Red lipped blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, i was at the lfs and saw this cute blenny called a red lipped blenny. I really liked it and looked it up online and it said that they are pretty easy to care for but i just wanted to make sure by checking in on here first before i get one. The tank is has 50lbs of live rock and 20lbs of live sand. I plan on feeding it emrald delite (frozen food)
And seaweed. My stock is:
1 valentini puffer
1 emerald crab
1 decorator crab
5 red legged hermits
1 sally lightfoot crab (trying to get it out)
Corals:
4 brain corals
1 torch coral
Thanks!

As far as stock levels I think you'd be ok. BUT I had one a while ago and he was just crazy mean. I put him in my aggressive tank where he immediately started harassing the other much larger fish. He lasted a day before he disappeared. Last I saw him he was chasing and biting a coral hogfish that was about 4 inches vs. his 2 inches. I have heard from other people that they are nasty mean so take that into consideration.

As far as stock levels I think you'd be ok. BUT I had one a while ago and he was just crazy mean. I put him in my aggressive tank where he immediately started harassing the other much larger fish. He lasted a day before he disappeared. Last I saw him he was chasing and biting a coral hogfish that was about 4 inches vs. his 2 inches. I have heard from other people that they are nasty mean so take that into consideration.

Wow that must have been a very brave blenny!!! I guess i will get him some time this week. Are there any things i should out for while buying one?

They eat and act like normal blennys so no special care needed. You should always have the lfs feed the fish to make sure he is eating though, thats about the best advice I can give. :)

Good luck! I hope yours is more mellow than mine was. lol

They eat and act like normal blennys so no special care needed. You should always have the lfs feed the fish to make sure he is eating though, thats about the best advice I can give. :)

Good luck! I hope yours is more mellow than mine was. lol

Thanks carey!

Back
Top Bottom