can I run my skimmer on a timer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can I put my skimmer on a timer and run it only at night to cut down on the ugly microbubbles disturbing the view during the day?

ya could but figuring a way to cut the bubbles down would be a better option imo :)
what kind of skimmer ?

scuba_steve said:
ya could but figuring a way to cut the bubbles down would be a better option imo :)

AquaC Remora. From what I read, the bubbles never go away. I have the prefilter box, but it's huge & ugly & still only cuts the bubbles by about half.

Also to keep in mind: I've never owned a skimmer that produced much skimmate. I believed this was because I handn't found the right model, but now I suspect that my aquarium just doesn't have much to skim -- light bioload and frequent water changes.

I'm basically wondering whether leaving it dry for 1/2 of every day will hinder it's performance when it turns back on.

yea imo that skimmers alot for that size tank ! and you will be fine having it run during the night !

Back
Top Bottom