Cheap Live Rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertfah

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found this place in a classifieds ad in my local paper and it states 200lbs or LR for 3.25 a pound. When I called, the guy told me he has in internet shop that he sells it on and gave me the address:

http://www.intmarinefish.com

Anyone ever heard of this place? it's about 4 hours from me here in FL. He's got LR for 3.25lb with Free shipping.....that's both cured and uncured. Not too sure if it's a scam or not, but when I called, he said I was more than welcome to drive down and hand pick my LR and he'd give me an additional 15-20 cents off.

Just curious if anyone has heard or done business with this store.

Someone on this forum has bought from this guy. It *was* posted in the Monthly specials sticky a while back. If you searched you could probably find the thread. I can't remember if the rock received a favorable recommendation or not........Overall it seems like a good deal. 4 hours is a way to drive, but nothing beats cherry picking your own live rock! :p I'd make the trip and try to make a day out of it.

I know for a fact that joester2k3 and TheChad have both purchased from International Marine Fish in the last few months. It is not a scam, it's for real.

However, be warned! TheChad had a very bad experience with them...they shipped his rock on a Thursday, so it didn't show up until Monday or Tuesday the next week...when he got it, it was in pretty bad shape. If you drove down and hand picked it, it would probably be all right though...:)

Paul

Looks like a good deal on LR. Just be sure they will help you out if your "over night" shipping is not over night.

Yeah, I was thinking about just driving down and hand picking it, seeing as how I don't have any now and would like to get a couple of big pieces for the base. Although someone told me that I could use base rock for that and it will eventually turn live.....is this a good idea vs. using a pvc base? I've got about 3" of LS already in the tank, wouldn't that hold it?

i got 50 lbs from him. I would consider it a level between base rock and live rock. You could tell it was once live rock. NO LIFE what so ever. You are getting what you pay for. The other problem was, it was jus solid rock really. Nothing porous. Check it out since your close, but if i was ordering it, NO WAY!

Back
Top Bottom