Chemi pure elite ans purigen ???!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does it really last 6 months? Been reading up on it. Says every 6 months?

Also purigen just rinse and reuse?

Just some questions that popped into my always wandering brain of mine.

Thanks.

Chemi pure can last 6 months if you have very little phosphates from the beginning. If it is high and the cause of it is not corrected then it can last as little as 2 weeks.

Purigen is great, bleach wash, rinse and reuse. It lasts a very long time. Had mine more than a year.

I just replaced my media last week. It had been in there for about 5 months. I now notice an absolute clarity in the tank that was missing before. I mean, it looks like theres no water in the tank it's so crystal clear. So I would be looking to get 1/2 the life expected without loss of clarity. If i were keeping my cube I would change out the media every 3 months to be good. I have never re-charged my purigen. I just use a new one, they are like $8 for several months of use so I splurge a bit. lol

Ok sounds good. Since in hand high phosphates. Maybe I'll start fresh with just the purigen and elite and see what my levels adjust to.

I use alot more purigen in my tanks than it calls for and I have had it in for 8 months and it is still not all used up, every once in a while I have to shake the bags up because the purigen in the middle stays a lighter color. Im just going to buy new purigen when it is done since it last so long but I still might recharge the old stuff and save it. It really keeps the water clear .

This stuff sounds great, do you just put the bags in your canister filter? I think I'll pick up a bag or two and try it out...

Back
Top Bottom