Chemipure elite and purigen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakskall

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just added chemipure elite to my media reactor ( on low tumble) and fingers crossed hoping for good results, but ive read tht alot of ppl use purigen with chemipure and get fantastic results, anyone have experience in this?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Purigen binds organics, like nitrates, nitrites and ammonia. Chemipure has GAC and GFO that will absorb coral toxins (GAC) and phosphates (GFO). They can be used together. But I don't think you should tumble them together.

Last edited:
Purigen binds organics, like nitrates, nitrites and ammonia. Chemipure has GAC and GFO that will absorb coral toxins (GAC) and phosphates (GFO). They can be used together. But I don't think you should tumble them together.

yeah, don't mix them because they have very different lengths of usage before needing to be replaced and in the case of Purigen, recharged.

I have a unit of Chemi-Pure elite, one of Chemi-Blue in a canister and Purigen tumbling in a reactor.
water stays crystal clear and quality has vastly improved since running the combination.

Thanks, do u have to put it in a reactor?

Thanks, do u have to put it in a reactor?

No, I just did it for the heck of it.
you can put it in a mesh bag and in a canister/HOB filter or somewhere that water will freely flow through it.
I imagine you could put it in the baffles of a sump as well, in a bag of course.

Back
Top Bottom