Chillers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPloman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Now that it is becoming summer here in the south, the temperatures are rising and my tank is getting warmer during the day due to the fact that my family does not use air conditioning during this time of the year.

My tanks temperature has been changing from a night time high of 78 to a day time high of 85. I know this is bad for the fish.

Can anyone recommend a good chiller for the tank so that the temperature can stay at a better normal?

TIA

The Pacific coast line of chillers is great! I have bnot had one complaint and the manufacturer stands behind it really well! You would want a 1/10 HP

If the problem will only be during the early spring and fall when temps are not too hot you may want to try running a fan so that it blows acrossed the surface of your tank. This will cause evaporative cooling and that may be enough to keep your temps stable. HTH, Skip

Try using a fan to help cool down your tank. You evaporation will become high so keep up on your FW top-offs.

When the season becomes warmer I setup my fan to turn on at the sametime my main lights do to help keep the temp stable.

klam, I already have a fan on top that pulls the heat out... well two of them really. They are on the same timer as the white lights as well. Any other ideas?

Your fans will help with the heat in the hood but what you need is a fan blowing across your water surface area. That will actually help cool your tank water

Back
Top Bottom