Clarkii or True Percs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to decide whether to add a pair of clarkiis or true percs to my tank. I like the color of the percs better but the shape of the clarkiis. so my final deciding factor is going to be behavior. are clarkiis agressive towards other fish?? ive had percs in another tank before and they never bothered any other fish. are clarkiis as shy as percs? any info or personal experiences on either fish would be helpful and appreciated. thanks.

Clarki's are definitely more aggressive. I've had both. It really depends onwhat you want to keep with them.

I have a pair of clarkii clowns and a coral beauty. I have never had percs so I have no basis for comparison, but I don't find that they are aggressive towards my coral beauty. They can be slightly aggressive with each other, nothing serious, but that is the behavior amongst clown breeds. I guess everyone has their own experiences with each fish. But I am very happy with my selection of the clarkii's. They have a lot of character.

:smilecolros: I went with the perks because they are less aggressive and left me
open to more tank mates down the road. clarks get twice the size to.

I think you will be happy with the perks! I cant wait to put 2 into my tank here soon! You just made me jelous :cry:

so far i only have a yellow tang and some chromis but i also plan on getting a fire fish and red headed gobies, will the clarkiis be agressive toward any of these fish??

No but your yellow tang maybe.....How long have you had the yellow tang. They will get terriotorial. Just to warn you. If you have had the tang for more than a month i would recommend moving the rock work a little bit.... HTH

Back
Top Bottom