Clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone! I was very into fish a while ago but then I got discouraged and my tanks were neglected. I recently relized how much I loved fish and decided to get my tanks on the right track. I wanted to get a clean up crew for my 34. I was wondering if an emerald crab would get along with a fire shrimp two pj cardinals a clown and a sixline wrasse. Thank you!

I haven't had any problems with my emeralds and I have two percs and two skunk shrimp along with a few other fish. I'd say your safe with them.

My emerald crabs don't bother my cleaner shrimp or my peppermint shrimp. Actually they don't bother anybody. They will posture if somebody gets too close during feeding time but they have never done anything more that try to look mean.

I can barely believe it...we all agree...emerald crabs are safe. How often does that happen? In celebration, I am heading to the LFS to buy another crab.;-)

Well I am in the car to my lfs( I'm not driving), and I was wondering if emerald crabs are reef safe. I don't know if my lfs will even have them but I want to be prepared. Thanks

My emeralds don't mess with any of my corals. The only aggression I have seen out of one of my emeralds was towards a blue leg hermit crab, but all he did was flip him over and take his food. My experience is that they are completely reef safe.

Emerald crabs are Reef safe. BUT like any other clawed animal it is a scavenger... Not fed properly and it will try and get it's food anyhow :)
Heres a video of my Emerald crab. Trying to take out my saddle back clownfish :-/

It's at the ending of the video.

I don't completely trust emerald crabs. Mine had a fantastic time eating my zoas until he was moved into the fuge :(

Frogmeister said:
I don't completely trust emerald crabs. Mine had a fantastic time eating my zoas until he was moved into the fuge :(

Yep certain times they will go after zoas too :-/

Grizz said:
DA mine throws punches at my fish also guess thats why there called Crabs lol

That is my favorite part about crabs I once watched my black mithrax exchange blows with my clown for over 20min tge clown would not stopnipping at him

Back
Top Bottom